The biggest mistake we introverts make is to assume that it's only the gifted few who are able to connect deeply with people.
We assume we can’t hit it off with people we don’t know, because we are perhaps shy and nervous, we don’t know what to say, we think we’re boring or we feel self-conscious.
I want you to realize you can absolutely connect deeply with others, no matter how shy you are, because I've been there. Despite all the speaking and meeting people that I do, I am an introvert.
I realized over the years that you can use psychology and mind hacks to your advantage. There are these five steps which if you adopt today, you'll notice a huge difference in your ability to connect with anyone you want to.
It seems daunting at first but believe me, if you take that first step and keep going, you will soon be much more confident when you meet people you don’t know. You will be able to connect with anyone and enjoy doing it as well!
So make sure to pay close attention to what I’m going to tell you. If you’ve ever wondered about these points, I will give you the information you need to do well in social situations.
- Firstly, how do you get people to trust you? There is no trickery, there is just a simple technique I will show you to achieve this.
- Then there is body language—what is a good way to create rapport with people you don’t know?
- Why does pretending someone is a friendly alien help you connect with them?
- How can you use emotions to make someone feel more relaxed in your company?
- Why is it important to think about your energy level when you meet someone new?
I hope these five steps I shared with you today, Insider, have started you thinking about what you can do to take action on them. Which one will you start with to improve your skills of connecting with people?
Be sure to let me know in the comments box below what your biggest takeaway from today's session was. What you are going to take action on and how is it going?
If you like this video, share it with just one person that you know would benefit from it. Life is about paying it forwards and you could change their life!
Finally, I just want to say have an incredible rest of the day, my friend, and as always follow your heart and take action!